Thursday, October 9, 2008
Thursday, October 2, 2008
The US requires passport photos to have a size of 2 x 2 inch (visit US Department of State).
The important thing to remember about passport photos is that they should allow border inspectors to recognize you when they look at your passport. These guidelines will help you shoot and prepare photos that can be used in passports.
- Include a full face, front view and open eyes
- Make sure photo presents full head from top of hair to shoulders
- Take the photo in a plain white or off-white background
- Avoid shadows on the face or background
- Face in photo should have a natural expression (closed mouth)
- Photos should not include sunglasses or hats
- The contrast and lighting in the photo should be normal